What does Smith Fork Ranch have to offer kids and teens? Plenty. A healthy, natural environment. Creative counselors. Fun, safe and educational adventures. Their experiences here will be unforgettable – guaranteed.
The Perfect Program
Smith Fork Ranch takes pride in a program that focuses on age appropriate activities that are both exhilarating and educational in the western environment of our ranch and the surrounding mountains and national forest. Our youth counselors and guides have been carefully chosen for their talents, flexibility and experience with kids and teens from 5-17. Activities vary, each depending on the age and interests of our young guests. On any given day, they could:
- Climb in a multi-leveled treehouse
- Take a horseback ride with kid-friendly horses and wranglers (and pony rides for those under 7)
- Play a game of volleyball
- Fly a kite
- Hunt for river rocks and driftwood to paint
- Pick and arrange wildflowers
- Make boats to sail in the creek
- Go on a scavenger hunt
- Take a dip in the swimming pond
- Pick fruits and vegetables from the organic farmstead garden
- Try to land a trout while pond fishing
- Send some water balloons soaring over the arena
- Take aim on our archery course
- Go on an exploratory nature hike
We know that kids and parents don’t always agree on food – so we make it easy for everyone. In the evenings at 6 p.m., we offer an optional kids dinner with the counselors, while adults enjoy cocktails on the pavilion. Make-your-own pizza night and barbecue night are big hits, and we can always adjust menus based on age and preference.
Fun Under the Stars
The fun doesn’t have to stop as the sun dips behind Saddle Mountain. After dinner, kids can head to the front lawn or back pasture for supervised activities while adults linger over their meals. Gather down by the river at the campfire pit with log benches for singing and music with SFR staff — popular with kids, teens and their parents. Gaze into the amazingly clear Colorado sky, learning about the planets and constellations. Throw in some s’mores and you’ve got yourself the perfect Rocky Mountain evening with family and friends.
- Kids & Teens program available through August 27
- Half Day Morning Adventure 9 a.m.-noon
- Half Day Afternoon Adventure 2-5 p.m.
- Nightly Kids/Teens Dinner available at 6 p.m.
- All young children are returned to parents at 8:30 p.m. or babysitting rates will be applied at $18.00 per hour