10 Reasons Why You NEED A Smith Fork Ranch Getaway
There are hundreds of reasons why Smith Fork Ranch should be your choice for a summer getaway in the Rocky Mountains. But we’ve managed to narrow it down to 10 …
- Endless Outdoor Adventure In A Safe, Authentic Western Setting: If you’re looking for great adventures in the great outdoors, Smith Fork Ranch is the place. There is an abundance of fresh air fun available here, and each can be tailored to your own experience level. Guides and wranglers lead horseback riding, fly fishing, sporting clays and archery excursions on a daily basis. There’s even a Frisbee golf course hidden among the trees. In addition to miles of hiking trails, mountain bikes are available as well. Learn more about your adventure options.
2. Refreshing & Rejuvenating Spa Treatments: Outdoor adventure is one of Smith Fork’s main draws. But we’re sure to balance the thrills out with pure relaxation. After you’ve explored the trails on horseback, on bike or on foot, make time for a treatment in our full-service spa, offering massages, facials and a special treat for tired feet. Enjoy your massage in one of our tranquil rooms or creek-side at the Massage Outpost, situated among the serene beauty of the Rocky Mountains. Restorative bliss is within reach.
3. All Ages Fun: Kids – and even tough-to-please teens – will love Smith Fork Ranch, where they can run free and be safe in a gorgeous natural setting. Experienced youth counselors and guides will lead them on adventures they’ll never forget, including horseback rides, arts and crafts, scavenger hunts, campfire sing-alongs, star-gazing and much more. And did we mention the amazing treehouse and swimming pond?
4. Five Star Farm-to-Table Cuisine: You’re going to eat well when you’re at Smith Fork. The ranch boasts a five-star dining experience, with most of the produce coming from the organic farmstead garden on property or from the local North Fork Valley farming community. Feel like pitching in? You can help gather, plant, nurture, and harvest organic fruits and vegetables that go into the ranch cuisine. Great food deserves great wine, of course: Smith Fork Ranch has won several Wine Spectator Awards of Excellence and offers an impressive selection of more than 400 wines.
5. The Best of Colorado’s North Fork Valley: The mountain towns that surround Smith Fork Ranch are packed with genuine western flavor… and plenty of surprises as well. The North Fork Valley is home to some of Colorado’s finest vineyards, working cattle ranches, organic farms and orchards, and galleries that feature the work of exceptional local artisans. And no matter where your wanderings take you, you’ll be greeted with classic Rocky Mountain hospitality.
6. Accommodations That Define “Rustic Luxury”: Consider Smith Fork Ranch your western mountain home away from home. The lovingly restored cabins offer rustic style alongside unpretentious luxury, with American Primitive antiques and arts and crafts blending seamlessly with feather beds, organic soaps, glorious views and cozy robes. Settle in and enjoy.
7. A Staff That Goes The Extra Mile For Your Special Occasion: Planning a birthday, anniversary or engagement celebration? From creekside breakfasts to sunset horseback rides (with cocktails waiting for you at a strategically scenic spot), the Smith Fork team makes sure that your stay at the ranch is comfortable, unique and unforgettable. The guest-to-staff ratio is one-to-one, so you can guarantee you’ll always be taken care of. And if you have something out-of-the-ordinary in mind, just ask — Smith Fork will do its best to make it happen. Celebrations are an SFR forte!
8. A Natural Gem: The Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park: As far as backyards go, it’s not half bad. The Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park (one of the nation’s newest National Park) is just a short drive from Smith Fork Ranch, and it is a must-see. With awe-inspiring sheer cliffs (some climbing to 2,000 feet), scenic hiking trails, whitewater rafting opportunities, fantastic fly fishing, and much more, the Black Canyon makes an essential day trip destination.
9. Smith Fork Ranch Is Instagram Heaven: No filter required! Everywhere you turn will have you reaching for your camera or phone to try to capture some of the rugged Rocky Mountain beauty of our surroundings. From the spectacular Needle Rock looming in the distance to the sunlight-speckled Smith Fork of the Gunnison River, your photos will give your friends and family back home instant vacation envy. Check out our Instagram account for proof.
10. Attention to Detail: The grand panoramas here are impressive. But look closer and you’ll find charming touches on a smaller scale. The owners of Smith Fork Ranch founded the legendary Ghurka (makers of high quality leather goods), and much of the furniture on the ranch is custom made, featuring very high-end leathers and animal hides. The walls of the cabins are adorned with artwork both old and new, along with vintage Western posters and memorabilia (Buffalo Bill is a favorite). The longer you stay, the more you’ll see.
So what are you waiting for? Start planning your all-inclusive Smith Fork Ranch vacation now. Call Caitlin or Courtney for questions or reservations at (970) 921-3454.